Effective: December 12, 2015
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to operate the Website and provide you with access to certain services that we offer through the Website, we collect the following types of information from you: (i) personal information by which you may be identified (“Personal Information”) and (ii) information about you and your activities on the Website that does not identify you personally (“General Information”), such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain server, the type of computer, web browser, operating system or platform you use and referrer data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website, your movement and activity within the Website and your geographic location.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information about You We Collect Directly from You We collect your Personal Information when you provide it to us when you interact with us directly through our Website, such as when you create an account, access various content or features, contact us directly, post comments on our blog, chat room, bulletin boards, or other areas of the Website in which you or other parties create, store or post any content messages, comments, materials or other items, or otherwise interact with our Website. The Personal Information we collect and maintain about you includes:
• Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone numbers; • Username, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
• Age and date of birth;
• Gender; and
• Your country and city (“current location”)
Personal Information about You Received from other Sources
Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices and third-party services), from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases) and when you access our Website through an SNS. We may access and store some or all of the following Personal Information:
• Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone numbers;
• Age and date of birth;
• Gender; and
• Your username and password for those services and other information available about or collected from you by those sources.
4. GENERAL INFORMATION
In addition to collecting Personal Information from you, we, our parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and Partners and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect General Information. General Information is information about you or your activities on our Website that do not identify you personally. This includes your IP address, domain server, the type of computer, web browser, operating system or platform you use and referrer data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website, your movement and activity within the Website and your geographic location. The methods used to collect this information may include:
• Cookies. The Website may place small files, called “cookies” onto your computer. Cookies are data files that websites write onto computer hard drives for record keeping purposes when you visit them. The cookie file then identifies you as a unique user. Cookies make your use of this Website more pleasing and efficient by “personalizing” your Website experience and gathering Website statistical data, such as which parts of the Website you have previously visited, what material you downloaded, your Internet provider’s domain name and country, and the addresses of websites you visited immediately before and after our Website. They enable us to tailor the information you receive and to assist our Partners or other third party organizations with whom we have strategic alliances by identifying you as our customer or Website user. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, unless you have configured yours not to accept them. You can program your browser not to accept cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to use certain portions of the Website and the Website will not be able to customize certain features according to your preferences.
• Web Beacons. Small graphic images or web programming code called web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) may be included on the pages of the Website and in email messages we send you. Web beacons or other similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, such as to count visitors to the Website, monitor how you navigate the Website or to count how many particular articles or links posted on the Website were actually viewed.
• Mobile Device Identifiers. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we, our Partners or our third party service providers may receive such device information if you access the Website through a mobile device. Certain features on the Website may require collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Additionally, some mobile service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their services. Depending on the provider, we, our Partners or our third party service providers may receive this information.
• Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your use of this Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded to your computer from our web server or a third party provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website and is deactivated or deleted once you leave the Website.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information procured and maintained above for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Allow you to participate in features we offer on the Website;
• Process your registration, including, at time, verifying that the e-mail address you provide is active and valid;
• Enable you to participate in features such as fantasy sports contests and message boards;
• Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
• Process awards payment and business requests related to contest participation;
• To respond to your inquiries;
• Provide customer services and resolve any complaints;
• Communicate with you regarding certain products, services or promotions offered by us or our Partners, provided that you have not already opted out of receiving such communications;
• Cross-reference with other Personal Information that we have acquired about you or may acquire about you through other sources;
• Improve our Website and resolve any technical problems;
• Analyze the use of Website and information about visitors to our Website to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
• Customize the content you see when you visit the Website, including to develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
• Ensure compliance with the our Terms and Conditions;
• Comply with any applicable laws and regulations; and
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
6. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• Third Party Service Providers. In some cases we may employ third party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including, without limitation: (i) processing and fulfilling your orders; (ii) providing customer service; (iii) shipping, sending postal mail and e-mails; (iv) repetitive information from customer lists; (v) analyzing, updating and correcting information we receive on the Website; (vi) performing business analysis or quality control; (vii) providing marketing assistance, search results and links (including, without limitation, paid listings and links) and (viii) processing credit card and debit card payments. Consequently, we may share your Personal Information with these third party service providers if they need it to perform services on our behalf. However, such third party service providers are not authorized by us to use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
• Contests and Promotions. The Website may offer contests and other promotions that may require registration. If you choose to enter a contest or promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such offering, such as in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. By entering a contest or promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that offering, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing us and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
• Disclosure of Customer Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Personal Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate in investigations of fraud, intellectual property infringement or any other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Personal Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the Website’s users; (v) to enforce or apply the Website’s Terms and Conditions; and (iv) to verify the identity of the Website’s users.
7. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we use appropriate industry-standard procedures to safeguard the confidentially of your Personal Information, such as firewall, encryption, token authentication, application proxies, monitoring technology, and adaptive analysis of network traffic to track abuse of our network and its data. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private.
If you believe that your username or password has been stolen, you are required to notify us so that necessary measures can be taken immediately.
8. HOW LONG WE KEEP USER INFORMATION
We generally keep user data on our server or in our archives for as long as we reasonably need it. We may alter this practice according to changing requirements. For example, we may delete some data if needed to free up storage space. We may keep other data for longer periods if the law requires it. In addition, information posted in a public forum could stay in the public domain indefinitely.
Data management requests are administered in an orderly manner to the extent feasible and within our direct control. Please note that we have greater control over recently collected data than over archived data. Once data is removed from the system and archived, it may not be feasible to accommodate specific requests. In those cases, our general data retention policy applies.
9. SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
In order to be eligible to use our Services, you must be at least 18 years of age or older. We do not currently market to or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect age identifying information, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years. However, we hereby advise all visitors to our Website under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any Personal Information on our Website. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (please see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html for more information about this Act), we will delete the child’s Personal Information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
10. CONSENT TO TRANSFER The Website is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Website, or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
11. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Residents of the State of California may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Attn: Website Notice
P.O. Box 386
Duluth, GA 30096
For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
12. ACCESS AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you believe that any Personal Information collected and maintained by us about you is not correct or has changed, please send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the correction or change. We also may provide web pages or other mechanisms through which you can correct or update the Personal Information we have collected and maintained.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Website. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information.
If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
13. PERSONAL CHOICE IN THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with our parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and Partners and third party service providers for marketing purposes, or if you do not want to receive certain communications and offers from us, You may e-mail us at email@example.com, or write us at:
Attn: Opt Out
P.O. Box 386
Duluth, GA 30096
Please note that even if you unsubscribe to promotional offers or other marketing messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the Website, such as a transaction initiated by you or for other legitimate non-marketing reasons.
14. USER-GENERATED CONTENT
15. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
While on the Website or when viewing an email or other content provided by us or the Website, you may encounter links to other websites operated by third parties. These other websites may set their own cookies, collect data or have their own privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third party websites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these sites as soon as you enter them. Links to any third party website or content do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of the linked website or content.
17. IF YOU HAVE A PRIVACY QUESTION
If you have a privacy question about our Services, please e-mail: Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or write us at:
P.O. Box 386
Duluth, GA 30096
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.